Saturday, November 10, 2012

Burritos

Super Easy Burritos
(I made this for 2 adults and a toddler, it probably serves 3-4 adults, double it for more servings) Note: I freeze leftover rice, that is what I used in this recipe. It always comes in handy. I always make extra rice so that I can keep some in my freezer. :)

Ingredients:
-8 ounces (1/2 pound) Lean ground beef, turkey or chicken
-1 cup brown (or white) rice, cooked
-1/2 of 15 ounce can of pinto beans, rinsed well
-10 ounce can of enchilada sauce
-dash of salt and pepper if desired
-8 ounces Shredded cheddar cheese (I used about half of a package total)
-5 or more tortillas

1. Brown ground beef in large skillet over medium heat. Drain fat, if any.
2. Add rice, beans and half of the enchilada sauce. Stir well. Add salt and pepper to taste if desired. Stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or so. Remove from heat.
3. Soften tortillas according to package directions, or use a tortilla warmer if you have one.  (Something like this.)
4. Add a small amount of cheese to the tortilla, followed by the filling. See picture below. The orange rectangle is where I put the cheese and filling. Then I folded the ends in, and rolled the tortilla away from me. 
5. Place the rolled tortillas in a casserole dish. I recommend greasing it beforehand, I didn't and had to scrape to get them out. Top with the remaining enchilada sauce and a sprinkling of cheese if desired. Cover pan with foil. 
6. Store in fridge until ready to bake. Keep foil on pan (make sure the cheese isn't touching the foil!) and bake for 20-25 minutes at 350. Remove foil and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes to crisp up the burritos. 

Serve with sour cream and salsa. Diced avocado is a plus! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment