Monday, March 5, 2012

Taco Soup

A week or two ago I was looking for a recipe for taco soup. A friend had made some a few months ago and it was so delicious I wanted to try myself. I could have asked her for the recipe, but it was the night I wanted to make it, so I decided to just google it. I have tweaked a recipes.com recipe... enjoy!


Taco Soup

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef (or ground turkey)

1 onion, chopped (I never add the onion)

1 (1 ounce) package of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix (I was so surprised at this one, but it makes the soup)

1 package taco seasoning mix (1 ounce)

1 can of pinto beans

1 can kidney or chili beans

1 can corn (or frozen corn)

1- 2 cans diced tomatoes ( can use Mexican-style or regular)

1 can tomato sauce

1 can diced green chiles

Directions:
1. Cook ground beef and onions until browned. Then drain.

2. Add ranch dressing and taco seasoning to the beef.

3. Transfer to a large pot and then add all other ingredients. Add a small amount of water to stretch the soup.

4. Simmer for one hour.


It is a pretty simple recipe. You can add or substitute ingredients as desired. A must is to have sour cream and grated cheese (and/or olives) to put on when serving it. Tortilla chips or fritos can also be added. It makes about 8-10 adult servings. Freeze half and then you've got a meal to pull out later. Tonight I have taken out our leftovers to enjoy!

Pictures to come later.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, sounds good. I've made chicken tortilla soup, but never taco soup. The ranch dressing in the beef sounds interesting. Will have to give it a try - me and the girls would probably like it but probably not Mike...oh well!

    ReplyDelete